What is Valley Solar?
Valley Solar is the name of the new community solar project that is being developed by the Ravalli Electric Co-op. Community solar programs like this one allow co-op members to partially power their homes with solar energy without the expense and other inconveniences of a home solar system.
What are the advantages?
- You can receive the benefits of solar power even if your home is in low light and without detracting from its aesthetic appeal.
- Because you are buying the output from one or more solar panels (not the panels themselves), you are not responsible for the panel’s maintenance.
- You pay a one-time fee upfront. You will not be responsible for additional fees (maintenance or otherwise) in the future.
- You will receive an annual credit to your utility bill based on the amount of energy your share in the program generates and current energy rates.
- You are locking in a percentage of your future energy rate now. If rates increase, so will your annual energy savings.
Percentage of Valley Solar Panels that are Currently Spoken For (out of 176)!
Valued Solar Supporters
Valley Solar FAQ
The Co-op is offering members a chance to purchase the energy output from one solar panel in an 88 panel, 25kW array.
REC’s Valley Solar project is an easy, affordable way to support renewable energy development, and you will receive an annual credit on your electric bill for the electricity generated by your share of the project.