Start Saving Energy Today
Saving energy is saving money and can be a fun activity to engage your friends and family. Tactics to save energy come in all shapes and sizes, including steps you can take today at no cost. Energy efficiency also increases the comfort of your home and makes larger projects worth the investment. In this section, you’ll find small steps and big ideas to help you save today.
Home Energy Savings
Ravalli Electric works hard to hold down energy prices. You can help control your energy costs by evaluating your home and using the following simple tips to trim energy use.
Here are 5 tips that any good energy saver should not live without.
- Plug electronic devices such as cable boxes, printers, and TVs into power strips to turn off during vacations or long periods without use. Smart power strips make it an easy task to save money.
- Change your central HVAC system filter when dirty by the manufacturer’s recommendations. Dirty filters can impact your home comfort and increase your electricity bill.
- Watch the setting of your thermostat. A one-degree increase in the heating set point or reduction in the cooling set point can increase energy use by 3 to 5%.
- Have your ductwork checked for leaks. Leaks at the return, air handler, and supply can be major sources of high bills. Mobile homes check the grill, cross-over duct, and downflow air handler, for leaks.
- An electric space heater can cost an average of $80- $100 per month to operate. Minimize their use, except for limited or temporary spot heating. Turn the space heaters off when leaving the room.
Let’s work together to be efficient!