New Service

New Member or Service Transfer Application

*Please note that a membership application is required for every service location.

Service Transfer

If you are simply transferring existing service into your name due to a recent move, please complete the online Membership Application or download the Membership Application (PDF) and return it to Ravalli Electric Co-op by:


Ravalli Electric Cooperative
143 Bell Xing West
Victor, MT 59875


Scan the completed document and email it to us.


Fax: (406) 961-3230

In Person

Drop by our office:

143 Bell Xing West
Victor, MT 59875

New Member Guide

Be sure to read the New Member Guide for everything you need to know about service with Ravalli Electric Co-op.

New Member Guide (PDF)

Landlord Agreement

Landlord Agreement (PDF)

New Construction/Upgrades

A meeting with a field engineer will be scheduled after the applicant has signed and returned the New Construction/Upgrades packet available below to the office and paid a design and estimate fee. Packets can be dropped off in person at our office in Victor, or sent in by mail. If mailing in a packet, please be sure to include your design and estimate fee.


Three men working with a tractor putting in power lines

The Co-op has established policies regarding service options such as the location of service, the route the line will take, and whether the line will be extended into the property via overhead or underground construction.

What is Required for New Service?

  • The State Electrical Permit
  • The cost of construction above the Co-op’s contribution
  • Address of the permanent location where service will be supplied
  • The installation of all facilities from the meter to the dwelling
  • Required easements to Ravalli County Electric Cooperative, Inc
  • Completed New Construction/Upgrades Packet
  • Non-refundable design and estimate fee
  • The legal description of the property and/or being able to locate the property on a map so the location can be communicated to the engineer
  • The type of service, i.e. residential, commercial, irrigation, seasonal, etc., and the size of load
  • Any covenants requiring underground service must be communicated
  • Please note that a membership application is required for every service location.

New Construction/Upgrades Packet

New Construction/Upgrades Packet (PDF)