- A credit report will be run to verify credit history.
- If your credit history is negative or a credit check is not completed, you will be required to pay a deposit.
- 200- 400Amp Services (Rates 1101, 1102):A deposit of an amount equal to the average usage for the previous 12 months, times 2 ½ months. A minimum of $250.00 per meter. Some 200Amp services may sign up for Prepay in lieu of a deposit.
- Greater than 400Amp Services (Rates 1112, 1103, 1104, 1105, 1109, 1113) :A deposit of an amount equal to the average usage for the previous 12 months, times 2 ½ months. A minimum deposit of an amount equal to $7.00 per connected transformer KVA, but not less than $300.00 for each meter.
- Irrigation Services (Rates 1107 & 1108):A deposit of an amount equal to the average annual charges for the previous three years but not less than $300.00 for each meter.
- The deposit is due at the time the application for membership is completed
- If your account becomes delinquent at any time, a deposit may be charged to your account in accordance with the above standards.
Unpaid Final Balances
- In the event that you have left the Co-op with an unpaid balance on more than 1 occasion, the deposit amount will be doubled.
- Deposits are refundable 1 year from the date of payment if an excellent credit rating is established.
- Deposits are also refundable upon termination of service after the final bill has been paid.
- If no credit information is available, you will be charged a deposit. If you can provide a perfect credit reference from your previous electricity provider, the deposit will be waived.
Disconnects for Nonpayments
Of course, we are not fans of disconnecting. It is costly for both you and the Cooperative, and we just feel rotten when we have to shut someone’s power off.
Nonpayment affects the entire membership. If you are struggling to pay your electric bill, please give us a call at (406) 961-3001.
Reasons for Disconnection
Accounts will be disconnected for the following reasons:
- Payment Arrangements that were not honored
- Non-Payment of Past Due Bills – A past due bill is any bill remaining unpaid for 30 days from the mailing date of the first billing
- Returned Checks that are not made good
- If your service is disconnected for nonpayment, payment in full, plus a $100.00 Collection Fee, must be collected to continue service
- Your service will be reconnected once the balance in full and any additional fees are paid. Please go to our Payments Page to view our convenient payment options
- Any meter found to be tampered with will be charged a $500 Meter Tampering Fee, plus all material, labor, and transportation charges incurred
- All meter tampering cases will be prosecuted
- *A $25 Handling Charge will be assessed for all returned checks marked “NSF” by your bank
- You must make the check good or your service will be disconnected
- We will allow a simple extension on a payment if you do not already have a past-due balance
- Just a reminder: interest is added to the account at 1% per month
Social Service Arrangements
- During the winter months, there are programs that help low-income consumers with their heating bills
- If you utilize these programs, you are responsible to pay your portion of the bill
- We realize that there will be some exceptions
- In all special cases, you must contact us to make a payment agreement
- All agreements are subject to a Member Service Representative’s approval